Monday, October 18, 2010

Learning in a Virtual World

Educational Frontiers: Learning in a Virtual World
The First Class: Orientation
This description sounds a lot like my own class. Your not overwhelmed because my instructor takes slow and easy.
Overcoming Fear and Uncertainty
I like the way he solves this problem. I was very apprehensive on my first visits to Second Life, but my instructor got me through it, I believe in a similar fashion. She took me slow and told me to hang in there.
Content That Comes to Life
Oh boy does it come to life. After I got over my apprehension, I discovered something I really like. Building. I can build a house in Second Life. There's probably no chance of me doing that in real life. It also gives me opportunity to think about this process in ways i never have before. i didn't even know I was interested in how to build a house.
Location, Identity , and Roles: How Virtual Are They?
I never thought about this before, but maybe that was a part of my initial timidness with Second Life. I didn't want to be in a world where people weren't who they say they were. Who was this person really? What other lies would they tell me? We somewhat know each other in our course, so I don't get this atmosphere from my university or this usage of Second Life.
Class in a Virtual World: A Case Study
Solving problems is more of how I want to teach. That is what makes me want to explore this avenue more.
Virtual Worlds: Enhanced Learning
I agree totally with that concept. Of all of my courses, I think I have enjoyed my course involving SL the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment