Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Fall Festival Booth




As always I enjoy creating in Second Life. This particular project touched me because i dedicated it to my Mama. She loved decorating for Halloween. I am not a Halloween fan so when she lived with me I gave her a hard time about decorating. She is gone and I miss her, but I remember how she loved Fall and Halloween.I tried to think a little differently. I still don't think I have grasped the "out of the box" concept just yet. I think as I learn more about the tools that are available to me, my mind will open up. Trying to make leaves on the tree was a challenge. thinking back I think another shape would have been better to use. I also learned that you can link only so many pieces together. I started playing with the sculpted shape to make the trunk and limbs of the tree. Those sculpted shapes hold a lot of potential. I hear there are other types of sculpted shapes. That also will be interesting to explore. I love the colors of fall. I miss that about St. Louis. In my original mental plan for my tree, I wanted the leaves to fall. I will have to look into that someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment